MSME Sector occupies an important position in the country's industrial economy and contribute to industrial production, exports, creation of employment opportunities etc. This is a sector that has emerged victorious in the face of rising threats from large sector within the country and from multi-nationals abroad. The Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Institute (MSME-DI), Ministry of MSME, Govt. of India, previously known as SISI was set up for the promotion and development of Micro, Small Enteprises in the State in the early fifties. This Institute provides support/service to the State Government as well as coordinates various activities at the state level for promotion and development of MSMEs. This Institute, along with MSME-DI, Nagpur and Branch Institute at Aurangabad, look after the whole of Maharashtra.
Development Commissioner (MSME) under the Ministry of MSME, the Apex body at the National level, formulates the policy and chalks out schemes and programmes for the promotion and development of MSME Sector. It also monitors the implementation of policies with active involvement of the State Directorate of Industries, through its net work of 30 Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development Institutes (MSME-DI) in all the States.
MSME Development Institute, Mumbai provides various types of extension services and assistance for setting up of units, promoting and developing products and services by the MSME Sectors. The Institute has Technical Officers to provide guidance in all trades i.e. Metallurgy, Mechanical, Chemical, Leather, Electric Electronics, Foodlndustry, Management, Economics Investigation etc.
1) Technical Consultancy
2) Industrial Management Training
3) Economic Information
4) Entrepreneurial Development Programme, Scheme for Educated Unemployed Youth / Prime Minister's Rojgar Yojana
5) Entrepreneur Skilled Development Programmes
6) Business Skilled Development Programme
7) Technology Resource Centre facilities
8) Vendor Development Programmes/ Sub Contract Exchange.
9) Marketing Assistance 19) Assistance to State Govt. Agencies
10)Export Promotion Marketing
11) Modernisation / Technology Upgradation
12) Assistance to Rehabilitation of sick units
13) CAD/CAM Training Programme
14) ReimbursmentofISO-9000, ISO-14001 &HACCP
15) Common facility and Training
16) Bio- Technology
17) Cluster Development Programme
18) Library facility
19) Technical Assistance to various Central Govt. Agencies, Incentives for MSME
* Technical guidance
* Identification and preparation of Project profiles / reports.
* Selection of Equipment, Machinery & Raw Materials
* Technical Up-gradation / Quality Control
* Technical Seminar / Workshop / Clinic
* To prepare technical literature / papers etc.
* Industrial Potential Surveys / Market Surveys
* Feasibility reports / State Industrial Profile
* Sample Survey / Collection of statistics
* Census of MSMEs, Index of Industrial Production and WPI data collection.
* Assistance and Rehabilitation of sick units
* Advise / Guidance on Policy issues
* Guidance on facilities available with Banks, Financial Institutions etc.
Entrepreneurship Development Programmes are organized for self-employment of various category like educated unemployed
youth, minority community and weaker section of the society.
The duration of EDPs are 20 days. These programmes are conducted all overthe Maharashtra
Skill Development Programme are organized for improving skill in the entrepreneurs.
The duration of these programmes are 6 weeks and the participants are educated, unemployed Youth, minority and weaker section of the society. It is conducted in all over Maharashtra
These programmes are conducted for the final year engineering students and polytechnic students to enable them to become entrepreneur
* Identification of Ancillary items for large / medium scale industries
* Interaction with public / private sector undertaking
* Preparation of Ancillary report / Directory
* Organizing Buyers-Sellers Meet/Vendor Development Programme-cum-Exhibition for SMEs both Global & Joint Venture Out Sourcing
A technology resource centre has been set up in the Institute. It serves as one stop Technology Sourcing through highly
computerized connectivity/environment linkage. It serves the need of existing & prospective cl1trepreneurs at minimal and
Technical divisions of the Institute also source the technologies for the short and long training courses held by the Institute in the fieldof Chemical, IMT, and Mechanical etc. A data base related to SSI is under creation
Under the new MSME-MDA (Marketing Development Assistance) the following subsidy is given. 1) The Govt. Of India will reimbursement the 75% of airfare by economy class subject to upper limit of Rs.4O,OOO/- (Rs.60,000/- for Latin American Countries for small manufacturing enterprises and 90% with corresponding absolute ceiling) for Micro manufacturing enterprises. 2) 60% subsidy on space rent to Small/Micro manufacturing enterprises. 3) Subsidy of Rs.15000/- per participating unit for the shipping cost of Exbibits. The total subsidy on airfare and space rent will be restricted to 1.20 lakhs for each participating entrepreneurs. Minimum space (6 sq. Meter) could be booked by participating units
MSME·MDA Scheme for women : 1) Provided rent free space in the exhibitions. 2) Reimburse 100% economy class airfare for one representative and shipping cost up to Rs.15,000/-
* Provide Market Information
* Assist to prepare Market feasibility report
* Indirect marketing support through Sub-Contract Exchange
* Marketing assistance for Govt./Semi-Govt.purchase programme through Single Point NSIC registration
* Organizing Buyer-Seller Meet-cum-Exhibition
These programmes are mostly organized for existing entrepreneurs for improving managerial skill. The main topics covers in this programmes are finance, tax, marketing quality, industrial management, export packaging etc. The duration of the programme is five days, full or two weeks part time.
* Undertaking in-plant studies
* Conduct cluster studies
* Programmes on Technology up - gradation / quality - up-gradation & ISO-9000 / Energy conservation
* Conducting Awareness Programmes / Seminar / Workshop on Pollution
* Control & ODS Phase out
* Undertaking industry status studies
* Co - ordination of Modernisation Activities
* Workshop facilities for Undertaking jobs, jigs & fixtures, pressed tools, complicated Jobs etc.
* Product Development Industrial Design.
* Machine Shop Practice for six months.
* Short term training courses on CNC Wire Machine and CNC Milling & Boring Machine.
The Institute has an enriched Library containing different types of Technical books, Magazines, journals and report relating to industries, including project profiles and various other reference manuals.
* In operation in the following areas, under a constituted Core committee with eminent members from reputed Institutes &
* To disseminate Techno Commercial Information on Bio Tech Project.
* To organize Workshop, Seminars in Bio-Technology and other commercial information for dissemination to existing and prospective Bio tech units.
* Technical Counseling for modernization of existing Bio Tech SME's
Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Govt, of India is stressing the need for cluster development allover India with
a holistic approach. Under Micro and Small Enterprises-Cluster Development Programme , this Institute had prepared the
detailed diagnostic study report and had successfully conducted various interventions for technology/quality upgradition, market
development, capacity building of cluster actors etc. for the benefit of cluster units of Bulk Drug Cluster of Thane, Belapur.
Similarly, this Institute had undertaken the work of development of Cosmetic & Herbal products cluster of Thane, Auto Components Cluster of Aurangabad and Toy Cluster of Mumbai. Further, this institute had prepared the preliminary study reports in respect of 18 cluster existing in the state of Maharashtra and forwarded to Directorate of Industries. Necessary assistance and support is being provided to Govt. Agencies, financial institution, associations etc on Cluster Development.
In association with Indo German Tool Room, Aurangabad (an ISO-9000 company) this Institute has set up CAD/CAM Training
Centre. The training programme in the following software are offered to the Engineering Graduates. Diploma Holders and Working
Professionals, in engineering disciplines.
* CNC PROGRAMMING & MACHINING.
* UNIGRAPHICS (DESIGN)
* INTEGRATED COURSE IN CAD/CAM
This Institute is also implementing reimbursement of ISO 9000, ISO 14001 and HACCP (Food Safety) schemes underwhich 75% of the cost or Rs.75,000/- (whichever is less) is provided in the form of incentives to the units.
Provide all sorts of technical and other assistance to State agencies like DICs, State Directorate of Industries, Corporation and various other industrial development agencies in the state
GOVT. AGENCIES LIKE NSIC, BIS, CSIR etc. All sorts of assistance and supports to various NGOs, Associations and involved in the promotion and development of industries.
A number of incentives are provided to SSI units to support the SSls and / promote Small Employment Ventures. Notable
amongst these are:
* Reservation of certain products for exclusive manufacture in SSI Sector.
* Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme to facilitate growth of Self-Employment.
* Fiscal incentives in the form of excise exemption/concession for MSEs
* Price and Purchase preference for products manufactured by MSEs in Govt. Purchase Programme.
* Credit Policies for priority lending to MSEs
* Interest on Delayed Payment Act to tackle the problem of Settlemen MSEs dues from large Scale units.
* Integrated Infrastructure Development (II D) Centre to provide basic infrastructure facilities.
* National Equity fund Scheme and Technology Development and
* Modernisation Fund Schemes.
* Market DevelopmentAssistance MSE Exporters.
* Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme for Technology Upgradation.
* Reimbursement of ISO 9000, ISO-14000 & HACCP.
* MSME Cluster Development Programrne
* National Manufacturing Competitiveness Programme Schemes.